End-of-Life IT Asset Disposal for Data Centers, Hosting Firms and Cloud Computing Infrastructure Providers
The more servers and data you manage, the greater the risk associated with end-of-life IT assets. Data centers, hosting firms and cloud computing infrastructure providers face multiple challenges in the IT asset auditing, disposal and destruction arena:
- Legal and contractual obligations to safeguard the client data residing on their servers, from consumer credit card numbers and health records to enterprise intellectual property and sensitive business information.
- Compliance with a range of Federal information security and privacy regulations, including NIST 800-88 standards, DoD 5200.22-M data sanitization, HIPAA/HITECH, Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, FACTA Disposal Rule, Bank Secrecy Act, Patriot Act of 2002, Identity Theft and Assumption Deterrence Act, US Safe Harbor Provisions, FDA Security Regulations, PCI Data Security Standard and other local, state, and federal regulations.
- An almost continuous cycle of upgrading, migrating and refreshing hardware—including servers, hard drives and other data storage devices–which requires a secure, auditable chain of custody for disposing of IT assets and permanently destroying data.
Secure, Compliant, End-to-End Process
For sophisticated technology service providers such as data centers, hosting firms and cloud computing infrastructure providers—particularly those serving Federal government agency clients–Securis offers much more than just shredding and recycling services.
Securis has developed a fully secure, end-to-end process that ensures a compliant, leak-proof chain of custody which includes:
- Securis applies a powerful demagnetization process called degaussing that is the only proven method for totally removing all data from a data storage device or electronic media.
- IT Asset Shredding
- Securis provides on-site and off-site shredding of hard drives, electronic media and other data storage devices to render them fully unusable and inaccessible.
- Secure Recycling
- Securis complies with best practices and regulations for environmentally-friendly IT asset disposal complete with a Zero Export and Zero Landfill promise.
- Auditing & Reporting
- Securis monitors and documents the entire end-to-end process for IT assets being retired, ensuring full client visibility, confidence and compliance.
- Secure Chain of Custody
- From asset tagging to inventory reporting to access controlled facilities, Securis ensures a “leak-proof” end-to-end process.
You have the confidence—and proof–that your old data is totally destroyed and your unused IT assets are handled in an environmentally responsible manner.